Friday, December 3, 2010

Primordial Soup: Final Stage Collage


The third and final stage of my collage project! I think it came together so well in the final stage, I really enjoy how it looks. It feels finished to me, and I'm very pleased with how it came out. The little circles dotting the piece, all in the colors used in the ooze creatures, really tie it together. It feels fun and happy, which is quite a leap from my original collage. The second stage was really what led me to this point; the ooze creatures, as I call them, were just starting to emerge from the background. They were still bounded though, both in color and form. They connected into the background. The colorful bunch was finally able to break free, overcoming the black and white to create something new and beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. Well, part two seems invisible now, but I'm not sure that I miss it at all. Not with the great firework display! The overlapping of squiggle on geometric shape really pleases the eye, and the dots add a great flavor that says "celebrate!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I enjoyed the interesting quality of the first two stages of this piece, the addition truly pops and creates a very happy emotion in the viewer! The contrast of the bright colors with the black/grey background is awesome as well and makes this piece pop even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the polyps! I really like this piece, especially because your ooze creatures remind me of the polyp form of jellyfish - and I love jellyfish :D. I think this piece has a lot of movement in it, and your decision to use paint chips really provides a nice solid color throughout. My only criticism.... I wish there were more polyps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this piece. It's so fun! Your little oozes give so much movement to the piece, as it looks like they're in motion, wiggling around. I also like that the oozes are not a solid color, but the "arms" start darker in the middle and fade out. it really draws your eye to the center. I also think that the addition of the little dots subtly gave this an even more festive air. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little circles of color that dot the background makes your project very festive looking!! It was already pretty to look at, but I think the little dots help to pull it all together and help establish stronger unity in your project.

    ReplyDelete