Friday, October 22, 2010

Cochlea Sculpture: Paper Model



The second step in creating my cochlea sculpture was to make a miniature model out of paper and tape. This was especially helpful to see how my sculpture will stand, and the best way to create it. It was fun, and made me think more about my medium and how things would be held together. I think of cardboard as the stubborn older brother to paper, so this model was a lot easier to shape and bend than cardboard would be. It got me thinking about how the finished product would all work together!

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job on this project, because it shows the thought process you went through to get to your final cardboard project. This little paper project shows that you were thinking about how to make it stand and what base to use, I think you made the right choice in making it stand up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The paper model looks just as intricate as the cardboard one! That must have helped you during the construction phase, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper is such a difficult medium to work with, and your attention to detail and work with structure in this sculpture is fantastic! You certainly have a great grasp of base and sturdiness, which is a great thing to know! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete