Friday, October 22, 2010

Cochlea Sculpture: Initial Drawings


We were assigned to complete a cardboard model of an internal body part which took several stages before actually being made in cardboard. These were the initial drawings I made while planning my model; you'll see in later posts that my plans for actually executing the sculpture changed from these designs. Sometimes you just have to roll with it. I apologize if these are difficult to see, they are sketches made lightly in pencil. Click on the images to see a larger version. =)
My body part is the cochlea. Here is a description of a cochlea from Wikipedia:
The cochlea is the auditory portion of the inner ear. Its core component is the Organ of Corti, the sensory organ of hearing, which is distributed along the partition separating fluid chambers in the coiled tapered tube of the cochlea. The name is from the Latin for snail, in reference to its coiled shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment